Tuesday, August 3, 2010

1 Month to go!

One month from today I will become a married lady. I am beyond excited. Gordon and I have been talking about how quickly time is going by and that all our planning is almost done and the big day is almost here. Three months ago I made a check list for the wedding and I am happy to say that the list is almost complete.

New list of things to accomplish in the few weeks that remain:
  1. Write our vows- we talked to Dan last week and now have a better idea of what is going to happen during the ceremony.
  2. Figure out how to get our car back to Philly- I am going to drive to Chicago a week before the wedding with my dress, all the little things that I have been working on, our luggage, gifts for our family and most importantly the wedding cakes. We will be leaving straight from Chicago to go on our honeymoon in England and Scotland and need someone to drive our car with all of our stuff back to Philadelphia.
  3. Start baking the wedding cakes- Yes, I said cakes. Cake is what I do for a living and its the first thing people ask me about when wedding planning comes up. There will be more than one cake served at our wedding, 15 to be exact.
  4. Get our Marriage License- A dream of mine is to go the court house in down town Chicago and get our license. The law is that you have to get the license in the county that you are getting married in. Gordon thinks its fine to just go to the clerks office out in the suburbs, but I want that City of Chicago stamp on it. So, the day that Gordon gets into town I will pick him up from the airport and we are going straight to the court house to get our license. He's getting into town 2 days before the wedding, I get butterflies in my tummy just thinking about it.
List is a lot shorter than last time and totally do able in 4 WEEKS! Woo hoo it's almost here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment