Monday, August 30, 2010

To have and to hold....

Tonight, Gordon and I worked on our vows. We are going to have a non demoninational ceremony and a friend's husband is going to marry us. He is a pastor and regardless of our church status he has faith in our love for each other. We are eternally grateful for his kindness and willingness to see over our union and put his trust and belief in our marriage.

Gordon and I have written our vows so that we repeat the same thing to each other. They are dear and personal words that I think we will hold to our hearts for the rest of our lives. Its so hard to put into words how much you care for someone or how they make you feel. Right now we are 900 miles appart, Gordon in Philadelphia and I in Chicago. I came home a few days sooner than Gordon to try and finish up all the little things that needed to be taken care of. This distance made it especally hard to write our vows, because it brought up all the memories of a long distance relationship we once had. Ten years later everything has come full circle and we find ourselves apart making decisions that will last us the rest of our lives.

I know that I am lucky to have spent so many great years with someone that loves me and that I love so dear. I cannot wait to spend the rest of my years with this same person because I know in my heart that our love and friendship will grow as we continue to age together.

No comments:

Post a Comment