Monday, August 9, 2010

Let them eat cake

The wedding cake is very important to me. I make wedding cakes for other brides all the time and I finally get to make one for myself. We know that we don't want to go the traditional route for our wedding cake.

Here are a few cakes that were a bit different that caught my eye:

Gordon proposed on a Scrabble board so this would be really cute, but its a little too whimsical for me.

Every one loves rice crispy treats! I think this is so awesome, but I think people will be looking for some cake too.

Cupcakes are great, especially when they are done right. I think that its cute and fun but again, not for us.

The wedding is being held in down town Chicago on a Friday evening. So the bright lights of the city would be a great thing to show off on the cake, as well as the the beautiful iconic skyline of Chicago.

This is it! People always ask, "what is your favorite kind of cake?" Well, its different all the time. I LOVE spice cake with caramel icing. I also enjoy moist chocolate cake, and red velvet, and coconut.... ok, truth is, I really like cake. So we're going to have a variety of cakes at the wedding. Cake for everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment